6 Quick Tips For People On The Go
The brilliant thing about self-care is that you only need a few minutes to feel good.
Pair this with some personal empowerment phrases and you’ve got a cocktail for self-love too!
Are you the first to wake up?
Take advantage of those few minutes of solitude with a deep breathing practice.
Kids taking a nap? Skip the dishes and sweeping for now and enjoy a few moments soaking in the sun or take a nap too!
Here are some simple ideas you can embed in your day-to-day life whenever you get even just a moment to yourself:
1) Get Some Fresh Air: Whether it’s basking in the morning sun, staring at a leaf blowing in the wind, or even just stepping out in front of a brick wall, getting fresh air has proven to provide a full host of benefits. While you’re outside, remind yourself that you are enough and you are worthy.
2) Take A Nap: If naps give you energy, try to squeeze them in when you can. There’s a reason the midday siesta life is still alive and well in Spain—it can give you a boost of energy to continue the rest of your day. Before you fall asleep, remind yourself that you love and accept your true self.
3) Take A Bath Or Shower: A warm soak or rinse could be just what you need to feel renewed! You can even try alternating from warm to cool water for some possible added wellness benefits. While you’re in there, give yourself a nice long hug and tell yourself that you are supported.
4) Set Aside A Minute To Take Some Comforting Breaths: Inhale through the nose, fill up your belly with air, and exhale through your mouth. When you’re finished, pat yourself on the back for the good work you’ve done so far today. Check with your health care provider to be extra sure which kind of deep breathing is best for you.
5) Express Yourself Creatively: Do you enjoy writing, sketching, sewing, singing, or painting? Grab a scrap of paper and write down a quick thought or poem, sketch whatever you fancy, sing your favorite tune, or plan your next quilt. Spending even just a few moments in self-expression can help you feel connected to inspiration and creative flow. When you’re finished, try saying “I enjoy expressing myself.”
6) Make A Smoothie Or Take Time To Stretch: If you’ve got 2 to 3 minutes, try squeezing in a green smoothie or do some quick arm, leg, back, and neck stretches. Check with your doctor and a trained professional to get custom stretches designed for your body. While you’re enjoying your drink or stretches, tell yourself how much you love and appreciate your body.
And there you have it! These are 6 quick ways to embed self-care and self-love into your daily life as a super busy person. Have you tried any of these? Do you plan on trying some? If so, let us know how it goes!
No content should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified physician.